Monday, November 13, 2017

Country Dress Refash

I am ashamed that I have been holding onto this dress since I started my blog...2years ago. So, finally the day has come for this little dress to be refashioned! Yay!
IMG_1081[700]
Joining this dress will be a part of another dress...

DSCN1350
I have always been drawn to eyelets which makes this dress so beautiful to me.

DSCN1351
I began by taking in the green floral dress in by 2 inches.

DSCN1352
I harvested the front of the eyelet dress because it had beautiful clear round buttons.

DSCN1353
I cut a slit down the front of the dress and folded over the sides to make a v-neck. After my v-neck took shape I pinned in the bit of fabric I took from the eyelet dress.

DSCN1354
To make the v-neck fall flat I had to fold down all around thee neckline as well.

DSCN1356
I took the bottom part of the eyelet dress...

DSCN1357
I pinned and sewed it to the bottom of the dress dress and there you have it! A beautiful dress with a country girl feel!
IMG_0400[696]
2017-14-10-16-48-26
Happy Refashioning!!!

You can check out my stash of refashions on my blog: therefashstash.com

2 comments:

Therese said...

Great work, the refashion looks lovely on you!

I Can Work With That said...

I love the eyelet. It really brightened up the green dress. Very pretty.
Chickie EOD