Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Watermelon Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I made this watermelon skirt recently. I did it for fun and to see how it would look when I was done.


I used this pink dress and this green skirt. The dress was too small at the top. I cut the top of the pink dress off and used the built-in elastic as a waistband.


You can see in the picture below where I cut off the top of the pink dress. You can see that I attached a 2 inch band of green to the bottom of the dress. I cut a couple inches of the green skirt and attached it to the pink skirt. I added some white rick-rack in between the pink and green to look like watermelon.


The black dots are sponged on with black paint. 


Thanks for reading, for more details go to I Can Work With That.


9 comments:

Valerie said...

So fun! I've been seeing watermelon dresses in my online shopping lately and wishing I had one. It never occurred to me to make my own! What a great idea!

Sandy said...

How fun! Just right for a picnic.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Valerie. I saw a dress online but it was red instead of pink. Pink Watermelon made more sense to me. I would have kept the Dress if it had fit.
Chickie

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Sandy. I need to go to a party with it.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

So stinkin' cute!! I love it :)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much jenny_o.

Erica Moody said...

Wow.

SarahM said...

This is adorable! Pretty sure I neeeeeed one.

TheRefashStash said...

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! What a cue skirt! Great job!

-TheRefashStash