Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It's tunic time...part two

The second tunic in this series was just about as easy as the first one.  I started with a crop top that had a nice lace edging, and a long, pleated skirt.


I put on the crop top and determined how long I wanted my finished tunic to be.



I cut off the bottom half of the skirt to the predetermined length, retaining the original hem.


I carefully pinned all of the pleats in place and serged along the top edge of the skirting before attaching it to the top.


I was fortunate that the width of the skirting was already the width of the top, so no adjustments were necessary.


I then pinned the right side of the pleated skirt to the wrong side of the crop top at the point where the lace edging met the t-shirt fabric.


I topstitched the pleated skirt to the top, stitching along the top edge of the lace edging.  For modesty, I also stitched a strip of the skirt fabric to the back side of the lace that ran down the front of the top.


I love the flowiness of this top!  Although, it made for some fun times trying to photograph at the windy Oregon coast!

Stay tuned for more tunics on my blog, Second Chances by Susan!

6 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

I truly love this -- creative and so flattering!

TheRefashStash said...

Beautiful!!!

-TheRefashStash

Unknown said...

Beautifully made!

I Can Work With That said...

Love, love, live this tunic.
Chickie

jennifer elliott said...

Great job. Very lovely.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS. id buy that shirt in a store.