Thursday, January 19, 2017

Sweaters and Skinny Jeans 1

Hello Refashion Co-op. I am trying to work my way through my refashion stash. I have a small collection of sweaters and jeans/pants that I want to fix and wear. This is the first outfit.


This very plain navy blue sweater needed smaller sleeves and I wanted to jazz it up a little. 


I wanted to add pockets. I removed the back pockets of these tan jeans and pinned them on the sweater.


It was easy to sew over the original stitches. I made the sleeves smaller and took a little extra out of each side of the sweater. 


To go with the sweater, I had a pair of terribly fitting corduroy pants. These are so unflattering and baggy. These need some size adjustment. 


I took some extra room from the outside of each leg. That helped a lot, but it also made the waist really high and the crotch was still too big. I took some more out of the inside of the legs and the crotch. That brought the waist down and made the crotch fit better. I stitched over the new seams a few times to make sure they would hold.


My new sweater has some pockets in a contrasting color. That is useful and more interesting. The corduroys fit much better but they still have plenty of stretch to make them comfortable.


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I love seeing how you resize pants, especially when you show the pieces you cut off. Good job with the outfit!

jennifer elliott said...

Beautiful!

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks, @Amy Jo I think the pictures explain better than I can.