Tuesday, December 06, 2016

A Bag From A Skirt

Hello refashion Co-op. I made a new bag recently. I used a suede skirt as the starting point.


I found this skirt at a clothes swap and loved the colors. It just didn't fit well. I didn't try to take it in or adjust the fit because it would have messed up the design. The squares are laid out evenly and I wouldn't be able to keep it looking nice and even.


Here is the inside view of the stitching that attached the lining to the suede outer layer. The lining of the skirt makes a nice lining for the interior of the bag.


You can't see the new stitching from the outside. The hem of the skirt makes a nice top edge of my new bag.


This is my finished bag from the outside and the inside. 


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.




4 comments:

cfort82 said...

Your purse looks great. Love the fabric.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jennifer elliott said...

I'm such a sucker for totes and bag. I love this!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much ladies.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

Much better as a bag! Great idea!

-TheRefashStash