Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Taronga Zoo Curtain Re-Fashion



Yet another source of fabric that can be refashioned are curtains. They are usually in plentiful supply second hand and the designs are great, especially kids' curtains. The main issue is the weight, as they can be heavy and may also have a layer of blockout to help keep out the sun. So a design should be chosen that takes advantage of these disadvantages.

I had picked up this curtain from my favourite market about 6 years ago which depicted Australia's main and best Zoo - Taronga. I wanted to make an outfit for my daughter who is about to turn six as we will be going to Taronga Zoo to celebrate.

A pattern I had made for an unlined jacket was perfect as the blockout layer creates a nice underneath look (along with bound seams) and the extra weight means a warmer jacket. I used a culotte pattern for the pants, which I made to go with the the Jacket. It's going to be a great day at the Zoo!



If you are interested in seeing other outfits that I have refashioned and made, please visit my blog:


Cheers
Mary D
Orange Who? At least it's not all Pink and Blue

2 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

Oh my goodness, I love it and I'd wear it-I'm 30 btw :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

marianne_bags said...

cool well done, totally love the idea- and hello from another sydney aussie!