Sunday, May 19, 2013

men's t-shirt to onsie PJs

 Continuing in the rash of children's PJs, now that the weather in Australia is colder, here is a onsie made from 2 of daddy's old t-shirts.
You can see how I used another onsie to make the pattern. I just cut around it, trying to get the full length and width, and being careful not to go too narrow in the leg.
I then used that piece to cut another, as I wanted it lined so it would be really warm, as little James tends to crawl out of the blankets.
Here's the finished result- I sewed across the bottom of the foot to close it off, and also used some spare t-shirt fabric to make the cuffs at the wrist.
I thought I would need a zip to make it easy to get in, but actually the button up is plenty big enough.
I used the coversticher to attach the liner t- shirt around the collar, after first cutting that collar off. It gives a neater finish.
I think he was getting a bit jealous of his older brother PJs, see earlier post, and seemed very pleased to have his own daddy- outfit!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Refashion said...

So cute and a great refashion. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie EOD