Sunday, February 24, 2013

dinosaur pants- Roarrrrrr!




My dinosaur addicted 3 year old is growing so fast, I wanted to make him a nice pair of pants.

I started off with these nice soft denim maternity pants. I cut off the waist and the inner leg to open out the fabric.
 Using a paper pattern I bought from a charity shop for a dollar - hurray- I cut out the pants. Of course, I didnt have enough denim for the pocket inner, but used a nice dinosaur bone print to do that part.

Then I used my embroidery machine to put on 2 dinosaur bone designs.
I used the coverstitcher to give the nice double row of stitches like jeans, and also a jeans stud type button for the front and belt loops. Since Mr 3 is a bit small, I used elastic in the waist band, and didn't bother with a zip since he doesnt really need it.
They are a bit long, I might do another hem that I can unpick later as he grows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute! All little boys love dinosaur's don't they. I'm sure he'll grow into the length soon enough

Erica, Editor on Duty