Thursday, September 13, 2012

rescuing too short waisted pants

I
 I couldn't believe these cargo pants for $2 at my local variety store, cheaper than I would see at a charity shop. Normally i dont buy new unless its super comfortable and a good fit, but I thought I wouldnt have much to loose for that price. When I got them home they were too short waisted to wear , unless you are a young thing, which I'm not ! Since they were also about 2cm too long I decided I had some matching material to add to the top .
I undid the waist band and cut off the extra length on the hem.

Then, I undid the side seam of the cut off hem and re-sewed to make a new waist insert.

It was just a matter of matching up some of the top stitching, to try to keep the look, when attaching the extra to the waist. Then I re-attached the waist band , which being elastic makes the pants fit the higher waist without too much problem.





Here's a close up of the finished waist, worn to show you the new waist. I doubt I would wear a shirt tucked in normally. It's much more comfortable now that its not sitting toooo far down, and it was an easy fix. Now I can pretend to be a bit trendy with out my knickers showing :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool, I'd never have thought it possible to lengthen a waist line but you've proved it is possible, they look great!

Erica EOD

concretenprimroses said...

Wow! This is awesome. You've got me thinking, my problem is I am too longwaisted for any pants (except a few brands of talls with very limited choices).
Thanks!