Wednesday, September 19, 2012

maternity jeans re-born

I loved these matrenity jeans in denim, with the details such as pockets and trendy fade pattern etc. I thought they would make a great pair of jeans for my three year old. I used Sewing for Boys' treasure pants pattern as a base for these jeans, trying to include at the fun details, after removing the stretchy waist band.
And here's the finished result! All that work in the pockets with minimum effort:) i did have to fiddle a bit to get the fly and zip to look OK, mainly because the belt loops were in the way. I used elastic in the waist as its easier to put on and off. I have it coming out through a slit in the inside waist band so it allows me to let it out by simply unpicking and re-stitching it down when i need to let it out. I used a jean's button stud to keep the look and because I didnt think a normal button would work.

The back looks really cool, the way the adult pocket became a patch on the bottom. I was wondering how this would turn out, but I couldn't be bothered unpicking the pockets to make them more kids size. This way I only had to do the inner-leg seam and the waist and hems.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, very cool, the back pocket looks really cute as a patch on the bottom

Erica EOD