Sunday, August 05, 2012

"Iris In Bloom" Denim Jacket

I love denim jacket refashions and they are so easy to do.I first became interested in this style of refashion when I discovered Anthropologie's Kunstenaar denim jacket. I was blown away by how amazing it was and the key to it is creating a stunning visual focal point.
So my project begins..... 
The hardest part is searching for the perfect panel which is going to be the centre piece of your jacket. Denim jackets are cheap and abundant in thrift stores. This denim jacket refashion cost a total of $5.00. On Saturday, I had spent my morning at a workshop run by Erica Louise which was inspirational.Following that I trotted off for my usual thrift shop escapades which resulted in success. I had finally found the perfect panel for my denim jacket refashion.


So I started with this $3.00 thrift store denim jacket.

Added my Saturday purchase of a $1.00 Irish linen tea-towel.
And here is "Iris in Bloom" Pretty good for a $5.00 outlay and cheaper than a bunch of flowers.

To see how easy this refashion is visit me @ my blog




7 comments:

Ernie's Mum said...

Looks great, beautiful colours.

willywagtail said...

I love it. The edging colour looks great too. I really want to adapt a denim jacket but I just know that they don't suit me. Maybe a plain black one instead. Cherrie

Linda T said...

Oh how pretty and what a great idea! I so love iris.

Refashion said...

Very pretty! A great way to give new life to the denim jacket.

Debbie
EOD

cookiecrumbs said...

I love this! The colours look fantastic. Nice find on that teatowel!

concretenprimroses said...

Very lovely. Great use for the tea towel.
Kathy

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

The tea towel is spectacular and well worth waiting for. The refashion itself is quite easy to do. The challenge is in finding the perfect panel for your denim jacket. At the moment(it is winter here) I am rocking the double denim look. In summer I plan to match it with a vintage floral print skirt. I am thinking thrift store and table cloth for my skirt project.
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. They are much appreciated.