#72 Back to School Wardrobe
REFLECTIONS: Still time to join: Me Made May- Year 8
- For self made or Re-Fashions
- 'I, Mary @ RanchHouse, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '17. I endeavour to wear one Re-Fashioned item each day for the duration of May 2017'
Handmade by Carolyn wore ONLY her own handmade /re-fashioned shoes and clothing for an entire year.
BEFORE:. Brocade ¾ sleeve lined jacket.
- From the re-fashion stash.Thrifted for the brocade fabric.
- Someone else hand-made and never wore. Too small
- Seam rip the sleeves.
- Cut and insert a side gusset from the sleeves and sleeve lining.
- Cut and attach a sleeve armcyle facing from stash lining.
AFTER: Dressy vest to dress to wear for graduations this Spring.
Some reasons for my many vests:
- Pre-retirement wardrobe suit jackets/blazers no longer fit life-style.
- Re-fashion stash has jackets/blazers thrifted for special fabrics.
- Original items are well made with details like collars, buttons, linings not found in many vests.
- Vests are easy wear, versitle and dress up or down.
|AFTER: Dressy Vest|
|AFTER: Original tab gathers back.|
Hangs better on.
|Side enlarged |
with sleeve fabric.
|BEFORE: Stiff brocade with 3/4 sleeves|
|BEFORE: Hand made / thrifted|
|In the Works:|
Tight waist denim cullotes